It looks like I'm releasing a new version of my ultra-compact single-file image gallery approximately once every two years :) It is extremely simple and definitely lacks modern features (it was started in 2005!) but if you use it, enjoy!
Apparently I've been commiting cool new things to the repository without making a release, so this one packs a number of new features:
- Better (not nearly perfect) compatibility with PHP 5.3
- Better concurrency via timely session lock release (much faster!)
- Support for OGV (Ogg Theora, *.ogv) and WebM (*.webm) video files with HTML5
- HTTP compression (optional)
- Explicit character set configuration
- Algorithmic calculation of design elements colours from a given base colour; i.e. give it a base color and it will try to "intelligently" calculate the rest of them (mostly hit-or-miss)
- Commented configuration section!
So... enjoy! I would like to add a more fancy image display function (lightbox-like) but as it would have to be hacked into a single PHP file, it continues to be a low priority :)